Saturday, December 12, 2009

Eating Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw in: Guelph, Ontario (again)!

Mostly in pictures because I'm lazy.


pic courtesy of guelphmercury.com
(the rest of the pictures are from dan's Bold, I just forgot to take one of the front)

The Cornerstone Vegetarian Restaurant
1 Whyndam St N
Guelph, ON
(519) 827-0145





waiting for our food to arrive


Crostini Platter with garlic hummus, sundried tomato pesto and green olive tapanade & green salad
(SO good!)




Pinto, Mushroom & Avocado Enchilada with salsa & salad, Mine
(ridiculously delicious. and filling.)




Grilled Aged White Cheddar Cheese, Dan's
(buttery and delicious. okay so I had a little nibble ;) ) 


3-Bean Chili with cheese, Dan's
(scrumptious. would have been better without the massive amount of cheese. good lord.)


And since I was in the mood for some raw superfoods for dessert, we headed to WOW raw cafe on Carden...


...for some of those Hemp Balls and Raw Chocolate Macaroons from last time (I actually got pictures this time!) and a Chocolate Parfait (their chocolate dream cake "batter", chocolate pudding and whipped "cream"). The parfait was nummyumnumnumumyummygood. Though the strawberries they threw in were pretty mushy...weak. But after I took those out it was basically chocolate heaven. ohbaby <3


I hiiiiighhhlly recommend The Cornerstone. It wasn't as ridiculously expensive as the reviews I read made it seem (though I wouldn't call it cheap), and the food was ohmygod good. There were also plenty of vegan options, save the desserts (they had some tofu cheesecake. meh.) even though I admittedly tried both of Dan's cheesy dishes. I'm a badass like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment