Monday, October 5, 2009

Vegan MoFo Survey








1.Favorite non-dairy milk?
Almond (vanilla)

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Any vegan cupcakes or cakes, Rawzagna (lasagne made with layers of tomato and zucchini with nut cheese [lol] instead of pasta and cheese), and Zucchini Noodles

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Used to be butter... the last time I got it I admittedly just got butter (I'm new, okay?!) so not really sure yet. I'm really want to try Earth balance margarine but I've only ever found it in one place >_<

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Almond Alfredo Sauce. I waaaaay over-salted it and ended up just making plain tomato sauce instead.

5. Favorite pickled item?
Plain old pickles (so, cucumbers I guess)

6. How do you organize your recipes?
I have a giant, extremely organized binder full of recipes, and a bunch on Word that I have yet to copy.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
I have a garbage, a recycling bin, and I just chuck most of my food garbage over the fence (I live in the country have no neighbours on one side)

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook or store them)?
Bananas, almond butter, and coconuts (it would really suck if there were already bananas and coconuts on the island...) Let's say, assuming this is an island where Bananas, coconuts, mangos & pineapples grow wild: Almonds or Almond butter, Raspberries & broccoli

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Creating dozens of disgusting, completely inedible concoctions & mixtures of random food in the fridge and cupboards. Frozen peanut butter, ketchup and parsley sludge, anyone? I eventually got better at it =P

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
There is this one soy one (I forget the name) that was really good, it came in drumstick-like cones too. But now that I'm off the soy, I don't really have one :(. There is also a rice one that I have barely seen anywhere. I need an ice cream maker.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Knife. Juicer. Immersion blender. Couldn't just choose one =P

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Pepper.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Non-vegan cookbook? No idea, I have a lot of old ones. Vegan? Raw Food, Real World by Sarma Melngailis and Matthew Kenney

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Raspberry <3

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Cookies.

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
No thank you. Actually, I am kind of curious to try homemade Seitan. Looks wierd.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Bunch of random crap.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Mangos, Cauliflower, Peas

20. What's on your grocery list?
Butter (I live with my dad, you know :P)

21. Favorite grocery store?
Fortino's. They have the best health food section I've found in my surrounding area, by far.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Chocolate Chai Spice Cupcakes <3
And Portuguese Pasteis de Natas (Custard Tarts). Good luck to me on the latter, lol.

23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
Vegan Family Inc, Choosing Raw & Kristen's Raw

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Green & Black's makes a good dark vegan chocolate. Also, did you know PC's The Decadent chocolate chips are vegan? Mmmmmmm. Just the chips, not the cookies, but you can buy the chips separately and make your own. mmmmmmmm.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I bought a mango and some kiwis yesterday?

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Yeast. I've made bread. It turned out well. I'm still intimidated. I think it's the bread-making process in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment